Bangawazî / Ανοικτή Πρόσκληση / فراخوان / Avoin Haku / Convocatoria Abierta / دعوة مفتوحة / Appel à Candidature / Otvoreni Poziv / Wicitaan Furan / Fungua Simu / Açık Çağrı /Открыт приём заявок
Welcome to Helsinki Open Waves (HOW) Open Call page!
This is a pilot Open Call of Helsinki Open Waves (HOW). We encourage you to go through our website and familiarize yourself with our Open Call.
Our pilot Open Call takes place from 16th of June to 16th of September 2020 at 15:00 Helsinki time.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com
There are a number of themes introduced each month regarding different topics. The applicants/participants can choose their preferred topics and send proposals to Helsinki Open Waves (HOW), via the Open Call page on the Helsinki Open Waves website.
Helsinki Open Waves (HOW) is open to all languages and people to express themselves with the aim to rethink and reimagine a translingual society without borders. Helsinki Open Waves (HOW) will not broadcast any content that is sexist, xenophobic, homophobic or contains any other form of othering towards minority communities. We do not support any content that uses propaganda tools to promote a religion or political party.
Helsinki Open Waves (HOW) Offers:
- A fee-free platform to create your audio content in your own language with the theme of the month that you select.
- Helsinki Open Waves (HOW) can support its participants by providing fee-free sound recording equipment and the facilities at its “performance & recording room” located at CAISA.
- The participant can use the Helsinki Open Waves (HOW)’s performance & recording room and equipment for free.
- Participants can apply for Live Programs/Performances or Podcasts.
- Helsinki Open Waves is a fee-free, nonprofit platform for people who wants to express themselves. At this stage, It can’t provide any fee to the participants or any budget to produce their pieces.
- Applicants/participants own all copyrights of their own produced pieces.
- Open to all residents in Finland.
- Experience is not a requirement.
- Due to our limited resources, unfortunately, for now, the language of the application needs to be only English. We hope to have more language options in near future for Open Call page, the website and applications.
- However, you can create the content of your proposal in your own language or it can be translingual as well.
- At the Helsinki Open Waves (HOW), every month has special themes. The application will be curated regarding the themes of the months.
- By applying as part of this Open Call, you agree to commit to taking the responsibility of producing your own piece.
Send a motivation letter through the OPEN CALL form on the Helsinki Open Waves (HOW)’s website.
- The motivation letter needs to be in English.
- In the motivation letter; we’d like to know who you are, and what makes you interested in creating this piece at Helsinki Open Waves (HOW).
Please write your Proposal clearly and briefly in English, and try to explain your idea in the most possible precise way.
It’s optional to send us a Portfolio of any previous sound work, and other works-photography, painting, drawing, link to a video, etc.
* is a required field